Let us recap the last few months and preface this post with some context. The Sisters of the Sun is an ilk-minded group of men and women who like to have fun, preferably in the sun. We also enjoy music and adult beverages. We may or may not have a crush on a rockstar or two, and certainly don’t mind sacrificing our dignity for the sake of good times. We have formed this group in the hopes of banding together, holding hands across geographic boundaries, and living out our dreams through each other’s experiences. It’s a very simple concept. Can I get a kumbaya?
Because we come from a wide range of demographic groups, there are no hard and fast rules on tailgating for the Sisterhood. From college kids at football games (doing keg stands and the Louisville Chugger), to beer-bellied forty-somethings rocking the corn hole toss at a Buffett concert.. the Sisterhood does not discriminate or promote a single tailgating art form. However, you are setting the example others will follow.
Let’s consider the following Code of Ethics in the spirit of keeping it classy.
1. No squat-peeing behind a human shield.
2. No littering, unless it’s glitter. Be environmentally responsible, but sparkly.
3. Always carry spare toilet paper to help a sister out.
4. Be supportive of folks who may have overindulged, overtequilaed, or overstayed their welcome at your classy soiree… we must give people space in their lives to let go and be free… unless it involves unwelcomed nudity or vomit… then tell them to move along.
5. Don’t drink and drive. Bring a designated driver and shower them with gifts for their extraordinary tolerance for human depravity.
6. Dance like a fool, always.
7. Remix, refill, repeat.
8. Always pack an extra set of flip flops… blow outs are inevitabale.
9. It is not acceptable to wear a shirt that indicates that you are the Mrs. Chesney, Mrs. McGraw, Mrs. Rock… You are a sister-wife now. You are McGraw Sister-wife, or Aldean Sister-wife. Their real wives will thank you.
10. Always represent the Sisters of the Sun as ambassadors for fun. Seek out other Sisters and show them the way.
The Official Sisters of the Sun Margarita jugs (shown above) are in! Order yours today- just in time for summer. 32 ounce “Sisterita” recipe included!
Have you not joined the movement yet? Get your bad self on over here and join The Sisters!